Saturday, October 30, 2010

Behind women's eyes VIII final... The halloween special!

I hastily went for a 3rd coat this morning, as if wanting to put this exercise behind me as fast as I could...


 I saw this one as a confidence builder in the art of moving paint around as opposed to a quantum leap in my artistic development. Every now and then I feel the need to let go... to sort of ventilate artistically! There is always the prospect of discovery... in this case, it's simply a reaffirmation of my usual techniques and color palette!

Note to self: "I realize that I like the control of building up as opposed to going alla prima right from the start. I prefer the route of transparency in the form of 2-3 rapid layers. Although I still favour monochromatic color schemes, I see potential for more colors in my future works based on any of the three steps leading to this final work."

No comments: