Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bateman como pretexto - American recession I - step I... Trying to get enough rope to hang myself!

This has been simmering in my mind for a while, a series on the American recession featuring the bald eagle...


My plan is to use metallic paint mixed with normal paint... going transparent or opaque depending on the area to cover. I'm basically mingling all the metallic paint techniques that I've used so far. I also want to do some deconstruction work with this one as well.

The premise of this series is that it's hard to soar like an eagle when you're with a bunch of turkeys! I'm looking at 4-5 paintings in this series.  This is a 36 X 36 canvas...

Note: I'm not too hard on the bald eagle... a well known Quebec artist entered Brooklyn with a tarred bald eagle, a take off on the concept of  being " tarred and feathered"... the message behind that piece was obvious!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

C est bien parti. J ai hate de voir le produit fini.
Nicole

Ron Gravel said...

Nicole, je m'aventure un peu avec celle-là! P.S. J'ai hâte de te revoir... tu vas n'avoir long à raconter!