Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Behind women's eyes VII - step I .... a post-mortem spasm for this series!

I seem to be in the mode for experimentation again... or is it a constant state of affairs with me! I'd like to go for a mixture of styles with this one... sort of a potpourri of techniques including metallic paint and some image destruction work in the end...

... let's hope the result will not be too "pourri" (French word meaning "in a state of decomposition")! With metallic paint, I like the fading of the image depending on the viewing angle... and this goes in line with the elusive rendering that I want to introduce in my future art. The other method I want to use for elusiveness goes in line with that used in my recent bird painting : totally abstracted in a close-up (can't make heads or tails!) but quite figurative from a distance. I hope that these methods will eventually converge! In a way, I'd like to clash the monochromatic and cinematographic with the colorful abstract figurative...

Note to self: "With experimentation, I'm always concerned about the prospect of experimenting to oblivion"!

No comments: