Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Flock II - revisited... Trying to work at deconstruction... in a constructive way!

After some thinking about my future moves in art... I decided to push the deconstruction of my previous picture a little further to test ground in this new area for me...


... there's no two ways about it, gotta get deconstruction techniques down path if I'm to depict movement in a most convincing fashion! My previous to last "flock" painting also reminded me of the importance of the void within the picture plane, except that this void must be made interesting in my view (I'm thinking textural effects). It also reminded me of the importance of mark making... if the image is not readable in a close up (this is where I'm going with one stream of my future works), then marks need to be made interesting. With regard to the use of raw canvas... I still need to experiment with free flowing staining techniques (so far, I've done only smudging!). Other than that, I'm still obsessed with the elusiveness of images painted with metallic paint... and want to incorporate in them strong calligraphic marks in bold colors using normal paint.

Needless to say, I've got my work cut out during the next few months!

No comments: