Thursday, October 28, 2010

Behind women's eyes VIII - step I... A colorful experiment: searching for the colorist in me... if any!

Not feeling like painting today, I decided to do an experiment in the use of primary colors in the rendering of skin tones, another idea that has been simmering in my mind for a while...

This is not necessarily a style that I want to adopt in the future, but rather something that I want to implement for the sake of curiosity... and to rid myself of the fear of using bold colors and of my over-dependence on analogous color schemes! In the end though, this experiment is bound to have an impact on my future paintings! I zipped through this first pass like a mad man!

Note: One experiment leads to another. In this case, my use of primary color accents with the previous eagle scene led to this experiment...

Note to self: "Color separation is still an unfulfilled objective of mine... time to tackle that beast!"

No comments: