Thursday, November 26, 2009

Yoga pose IV - step III ... still stuttering with this new pictorial language!

I feel I'm getting closer to my vision after 7 hours of work on this 36 X 36 canvas (not counting the thinking time!)...

... but would like more value variations on the background, and some subtle "smoothing out", corrections (e.g., forehead and neck areas) and color variations here and there.

I'm having a hard time with this mixed technique (i.e., getting what I want) and the klutz in me is reappearing stronger than ever as my painting process gets interrupted by sporadic "panic city" episodes... with colors dripping all over my shoes! I'm in the "no pain no gain" zone!

Note to self: "With these non vertical positions, working with a relatively small photo as opposed to a model, it would be easier for me to rotate the figure so that the head is in a vertical position... at least at the initial stage."

No comments: