Thursday, November 5, 2009

Yoga pose I - final step... and perhaps biting more than I can chew!

This one was a bit more tedious than I thought... because I was not sure where I was going at the initial stage...

After 10 hours of wrestling with it, I was ready for my usual "sleep on it" creative pause before calling it quit. Some additional surgical brush strokes and adjustments in colors here and there sort of did it for me... even though I can't wait for the next one to do better!

Note: In terms of design, I wanted the sky to appear to be doing Yoga movements as well, and this was replicated on the foreground with more or less a mirror image of the sky in the sand. In a way, this painting was fun to do since I've always admire the work of fantasy artists...

Note to self: "This is the first of the series and as such, it's a bit too stiff for my liking. More than ever, I want to maintain the looseness of the first full color pass with semi transparent paint... with colors flying all over the place... many of them remaining separate. I may have to change my technique for that though... and I will!"