Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yoga pose I - step III... a last minute design shift!

For the third pass, I worked primarily on the sky. I also tried to get a better feel for highlights on the figure... at the expense of contrast for now....

As I was ready to call it a day, a comment from the muse and my step son's wife regarding the relevance of the yoga carpet, or lack thereof, prompted me to obliterate it in a flash... proving that "test marketing" a painting before completion can be a good thing! I need more color nuances to be satisfied with this one...

Note to self: "I see great potential in the semi opaque technique that I used in the previous step (color brilliance, watercolor-like), a technique that I used 2 years ago for my women's eyes series. To be successful though with more elaborate subjects, I need to know exactly where I'm going from the get go, just like with watercolors..."

No comments: