Friday, November 20, 2009

Yoga pose III - final... hung in there... but almost got hung in my own underwear!

I had a hard time getting what I wanted for the background using a mixture of color washes and paint marks here and there...

I also had a hard time dosing the pure quinacridrone violet as I underestimated its power relative to the magenta version... fortunately, the whole scene is dark any way.

A saving grace: this painting opens up the avenue of mixed techniques for me... and God knows where this is gonna lead me...

Meanwhile on the front porch, a glimpse of hope late November...

... knowing that everything is on borrowed time!

1 comment:

amber said...

Hi Ron My flowers were still blooming too on my porch -lucky us!
Your latest series is really fabulous. You are productive and fast The colors are great-blod and bright
I will get to our duel-only I have 2 or 3 others to do first
:)