Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Yoga pose II - step III... springing back a little!

With this last pass, I went back to my normal way of painting trying to retain, with some difficulty, the spirit of the fluid first pass....

I will wait for tomorrow to apply finishing touches and corrections. At any rate, it is a departure from my previous painting style... and the beginning of a promising new process that I would like to explore further...

Note to self: "In retrospect, my new palette of primary colors is likely to give me what I want... extreme color saturation!"

9 comments:

amber said...

Wow this is really good

Ron Gravel said...

Hi Amber, for some reason I felt I had to redo the background. In retrospect, this one was fine (the new one is no better only different). By redoing it I learned something new though ... This is the difficult part for me: when should I stop? Also my starts are often better than my finishes... story of my art so far!

amber said...

You know what.. what you're talking about "starts" being better are a very common thing. I'm the same way I quit early for that very same reason most of the time.
Your new series is awesome I wish those pics had been my idea :)

Ron Gravel said...

Amber, if you wish I can give you my picasa address for my photos. I wouldn't mind seeing what you can do with this material. I know it will be totally different!

amber said...

Wow really? That's very generous of you

Ron Gravel said...

Amber, this is the address in a non public photo album:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ron.gravel/Yoga?authkey=Gv1sRgCICamIzU_uXqkwE#

amber said...

ok game's on But I can only in a few weeks--I have commissions :(

Ron Gravel said...

Amber, as I said, make my day! :))

Ron Gravel said...

Amber, or perhaps I could add more appropriately: "you're gonna whip me like you stole the governor's mule" :))