Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Yoga pose I - step II... going the route of cosmic art... may the gods be with me!

After some initial hesitation, I decided to fully engage in a surrealist approach (although not in the rendering) with this one, prudently testing the ground with colors mixed with pure liquid medium (thicker paint and general highlights will be reserved for the third pass)...

After having set the stage for two light sources (sun and moon), now I have to follow suit and part from the lighting used for my photo shoot! I dug up some old art books on Boris Vallejo and Frank Frazetta in an attempt to find some inspiration. This is a 36 X 36 canvas...

Note: "My research revealed that a full moon at sunset is possible and the moon and the sun would be opposite to each other. Needless to say, I used artistic license by setting the sun higher than it should be in association with an orange lower sky...."

2 comments:

amber said...

Wowzers!!!!!!!!!

Ron Gravel said...

Amber, "wowzers"... gotta save that one in my bank of English expressions:))