Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yoga pose II - final step... trying to commit to some form of value scheme... an impass!

With this last pass, I tried to commit to a value scheme of dark patterns over medium values with highlights on both the figure and the foreground. As an experiment, I stamped out textures in the background in an attempt to give more place to the figure... I then changed my mind and redid the background... trying to part from the textural aspect of the foreground for variety!

Although my new process is far from being optimal for now, I feel pumped up for the next painting of this series!

Note: For some reasons the previous lime green background felt weak... I went for army khaki with touches of lime! Also, I felt there were no commitment on the previous background, dabs instead of sweeps!

Note to self: "I need to get used to painting with a palette knife, especially backgrounds. Also, adopting a a new style is accepting/getting used to a new look... and this is difficult... leaving something behind!"

No comments: