Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yoga pose III- step III... searching for the balance between 2 techniques: a balancing act to say the least!

Changing technique means organized despair for a while... at least for me. I'm mixing palette knife and brush work, transparent and opaque painting... and want to retain the effects of the first pass...

Moreover, I'm also using a violet as a red and I seem to be having magenta withdrawal symptoms! It's no surprise that looking at me painting is like looking at a dog in a bowling alley! Despite all of this, I'm close to where I want to be, by hook or crook...

Note: I want to go back to a slightly more purplish blue highlight for the Yoga outfit but want to retain some of that complementary turquoise tint... also want to warm up the blue black a little...

No comments: