Sunday, November 8, 2009

Yoga pose II... proceeding with the task at hand... and dripping!

Although I still have a few additional creative ideas for the first Yoga posture that I have just tackled, I will let them simmer for a while as I proceed with the painting of another posture...

I kinda like the patterns of light and shadows with this one... and I decided to go with a different color scheme for a change...

I also want to retain a loose style throughout as I go "more opaque". I'm desperate to part from my previous painting patterns, embracing a more fluid style... mixing techniques indiscriminately and leaving more to chance!

Note to self: "The first of this series will be an odd ball... but this needs to be done... I'm going for creative freedom! I feel I have done enough with my semi controlled style of contemporary figuration. I want to go to the next level... or at least attempt to do so for the nth time!"

No comments: