Monday, October 12, 2009

Yakshi statue step III... a painful encounter with a new color palette... but getting there!

This stage took a few quick passes instead of a unique one... I had some technical difficulties controlling my new staining colors to achieve the desired earth tone I was after...

I did not see a big difference with the soft gel on a large surface like this one... so my epiphany was short-lived! I need to put this one to rest for a day... before going for refinements here and there (e.g., I want the face to be rounder, the right arm to be larger, blue nuances in the violet, real reflected light, a more sweeping hip curve, etc...). I tipped the scale towards realism... so I need to follow suit!

Note to self: "At least, I seem to have made some inroads in rapidly building textures..."

No comments: