Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Exhibiting a pot-pourri of my works... hoping that the audience would not focus too much on the "pourri" side!

A musical concert was my 2nd opportunity this year to introduce my works to a local public...

As usual, I enjoyed direct interactions with the people who came by to get a closer look... and I thank them for their their interest in my art (many business card were picked up).

Listening to Sergiu Popa's distinctive East European sound was a real treat. The whole evening amounted to an extraordinary fusion of the semi classical (beautiful violin accompaniment by his wife) and the folkloric (Sergiu's virtuoso style accordion playing) interspersed with jazz like improvisations from Sergiu and two other members of the group (impressive piano player from Mozambique, young skillful percussionist). While the music was playing, I couldn't help imagining in my mind the impact that it would have on my brush work on canvas... luckily for me, before the end of the evening, the muse (my wife) had already reserved a copy of the CD (there were only 4 available for the whole audience!)...

2 comments:

amber said...

Wow Sounds like you had a great time Your display looks great!
Nice wooden stands.Did you make those?

Ron Gravel said...

Hi Amber, thanks for your comments. There is a school of art in the center and these adjustable stands were made available to me. We've got some visitors for 3 weeks (my step son from Belgium and his wife)... but I managed a first step tonight for my commission... I'm afraid I'm not as skillful as your are but it will come:)