Monday, October 5, 2009

Another successful painting exhibition... I'm super charged!

I thoroughly enjoyed my collaboration with Pietro Piunno for this second major exhibition of mine. Watching this skillful colorist paint in oil "alla prima" was an invaluable experience and his professional advice to me will sure be taken into consideration. Good luck Pietro and let's keep in touch!


Setting up the exhibition went like a breeze... and I almost felt like James Bond on a mission slapping plastic moldings on paintings mounted on foam boards at a frantic pace!

We had close to 80 people showing up over the course of 3 days (close to 40 at the opening night)...

In a nutshell: one year of honest work to put "ma blonde" (French Canadian term to refer to one's girl friend or wife) on a pedestal for a few hours... while sipping wine and hearing spontaneous comments from friends, relatives and perfect strangers about all this "wall to wall" beauty that she inspired! It was also a chance to go "boo!" (sort of an ego trip!) with the portrayal of those human machines involved in the Olympic 100 meter dash. It seems that my attempts to convey their sheer determination and brute power struck a cord.

A year of efforts culminating to a crescendo note of a few days: was it worth it?.... you bet, I would redo it anytime!

A special "thank you" to all who stopped by. A number of people wanted to attend but had last minute obligations or mishaps that prevented them to do so. Thank you for your kind consideration. To all of you, I want to express my sincere gratitude. Your show of support will give me the strength to pursue my artistic saga in the years to come. À la prochaine!

3 comments:

amber said...

Felicitation!!! Ron Superb! :)
Wish I could have been there.

Ron Gravel said...

Amber, I'm a happy camper!Creating a "happening" was more important than selling this time around. However, the exhibition did produce a few leads... and I may be able to sell a few more paintings in the short-term. I look forward to a 3rd year of "concentrated" efforts on my art!

Ron Gravel said...

BTW Amber, I found "jolie folie" and "Jen" to be very powerful works, as powerful as your works using more intense color schemes... contrast is what I retain...