Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My last weekend exhibition - 2nd update.... my first encounter with a Curator!

Last week end, at my exhibition, I had a chance to meet a woman (a rather distinguished lady I might add) from my corporate past who is a very skillful mixed media artist now doubling as a curator on behalf of artists. Our conversation went like this:
  • Myself: "So you're a Curator?"
  • Curator: "Yes" with a nod of approval
  • Myself, expecting an old man: "So this is how a Curator looks like?"
  • Curator: Big smile:)), no answer
  • Myself: "What do you do when you curate?"
  • Curator: "You should ask what can I do for you when I curate". Note to self: You've been outsmarted buddy!
  • Myself bewildered - I couldn't help but think: "So, she's a Curator who curates..."
To this lady Curator, I meant to say: "Sorry I couldn't offer more than athletic 200 pound gorillas to ornate the walls of your selected public places and restaurants. Hopefully, my production this coming year will be more attractive to you! Thanks for having fetched my coordinates... a genuine expression of optimism vis-à-vis my potential artistic career."

No comments: