Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yoga pose XVIII - step II... Back in saddle... but facing the wrong way!

On the spur of the moment, while things seemed to be under control with the brush, I decided to add textures with the palette knife, realizing quickly that I was a bit rusty...

Looks like I'm not the only one facing the wrong way...

Spring has lost its way! A saving grace: as I was getting ready to spray an insecticide on my aphid-infested shrubs... I decided to let the snow take care of this problem!

I'll need a couple more passes on the painting... and the more passes, the more textures and the more color variations! I'm still adjusting body lines. It's time to experiment, moving paint around with the brush in the one hand and the palette knife in the other!

Note: The muse has been pressuring me lately to go back to textures... so I'm just following orders!

No comments: