Friday, April 2, 2010

Back to reality... after a "crash and burn" vacation!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Cayo Santa Maria area in Cuba (I must admit my wife and I found January particularly hard this year because of the lack of sun)...

I spent more time reading about art than doodling or painting (the place was pretty windy and I'm no longer comfortable with watercolors!)...

... however, the colors will still be in my head when I attempt to finish my Yoga series in the next few weeks! On the topic of watercolors, it would be an interesting challenge for me to produce a few Yoga paintings with this medium... something that has been simmering in my mind for a while...

Note to self: "The muse shed 20 pounds over the last 6 months or so by eating more vegetables and avoiding eating certain food groups together... makes me think about doing a series on "vintage women"!

3 comments:

amber said...

Hi Ron Happy Easter--looks like you've had a fab trip I absolutely love our water colors-You have a gift for capturing the essential.
Yes ,if you are around my area I'm giving you a invitation to visit me at my studio/home if you have time to. I'd love to meet you and your wife.

Ron Gravel said...

Hi Amber, thanks for the invite... once Nicole has her block of vacation days confirmed, I will get in touch with you via your Facebook account to determine the best time (Nicole has an account that I could use, may be I should open one!). Once in your neck of the woods, if worst comes to worst, we'll drop a bottle of wine for you and your husband at a local gallery featuring your works :)) P.S. Hope your had a great Easter with your family!

Ron Gravel said...

Amber, RE my previous comment, this is just a suggestion...