Monday, April 5, 2010

Grand kids portrait - step I... Could'nt resist these two!

During the Holiday Seasons, I took a snap shot of the grand kids that has been "haunting me" ever since...
They both have their grand mother's "pout", which makes them irresistible to the artist in me! Because I know the subjects very well, I got very close on the first attempt. Displacing the girl's left eye slightly towards the nose is the only thing I see at this stage beyond other minor adjustments...

Note: Talking about pout, I'm attracted by the power exuded by an air of defiance. It would be interesting to do another series depicting "women with an attitude/powerful women"... another series that won't sell (people want to have landscapes or city scenes in their living room)! Gotta line up canvas by the yard, foam boards and garden plastic moldings...

2 comments:

amber said...

This composition is superb! The initial drawing shows the great potential of this painting.It's very good already.

Ron Gravel said...

Amber, if these two were adults, I could call this painting "the odd couple" :)I'd like to get some blues and greens in there like you did with the top painting from your last post...