Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Grand kids portrait - step II... a short-circuited second layer!

Today was my shopping day for art supplies and gardening materials... so I only had a little more than an hour to complete this second layer (22 X 28 canvas)...

Looks like I'm still dragging my watercolors from Cuba! It's like I can't be bothered blending colors any more... sort of a nonchalance from the South or a reluctance to give up on any color that I visually experienced there...

I never felt so compelled not to finish a painting to conserve the character of a second layer!

Note: I still need to tweak the girl's eyes but this time around only "size wise"; I also need to create a plausible lighting for her face since it was washed out by the camera flash...

2 comments:

amber said...

Wow I love this just the way it is!!!
Bravo mon ami!

Ron Gravel said...

Thanks Amber for your insight... Nicole had the same comment... I want to adjust the girl's eyes for likeness but I'll be extra careful with the rest :) I'm starting to realize that the truth in art (my art?) lies on a foundation of unrestrained expression...