Monday, April 26, 2010

Yoga pose XVIII - step I... trying to find Yoga esthetics in dance-like poses!

With this one, I relied once a again on cropping, in an attempt to find a pleasing pattern of "empty spaces"...

I wanted to try a different color scheme for this one, and as I applied color...

...I was confronted once again with my usual demons: how do I fill up all that space? For one thing, I need to make everything bigger! When I apply a first coat (especially for small paintings), everything shrinks... it seems... as if I were only interested in lines...

At the end of this series, I feel I can take "uncalculated" risks! Looks like this painting is not in the bag yet.

Note to self: "My objective is 20 Yoga paintings for this series... and the last few may hurt... like one more rep!"

No comments: