Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yoga pose XVII final... a little different than I expected!

My start was full of good intentions, but this one evolved into a fairly monochromatic color scheme...

In the end, I decided to introduce more color in the Yoga costume... accents to complement the red...

I don't expect every painting to be a master piece (I don't think I ever produced one)... on the other hand, I try to give everything I have... within the limits of my artistic model. Ironically, it can take me longer to do a small painting! I don't mind this one, but along the way, it parted fairly dramatically from my initial vision.

Note to self: "This dialogue business doesn't seem to work that well for me. Instead, I should build rapidly from the initial creative impulse since the more I work on a piece, the more even and drab colors become!"

No comments: