Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yoga pose VIII - step II... Still in the mood to experiment, I guess!

Using the same technique as the previous painting (palette knife and brush), I proceeded with a different color scheme remaining more preoccupied with applying paint than rendering the model...

The challenge remains the same, i.e., transitioning opaque and transparent color passages seamlessly... and finding some movement in the background... and make some sense out of its patterns! Looks like she's gonna be doing Yoga in a garden...

Note to self: "Color separation (not over-blending colors) is an objective of mine, but at the same time, I want to maintain an overall monochromatic feel... can I have both? I guess it's a question of degree."

Sub-note to self: "I need to find a way to recover transparency, if need be... otherwise, I'm in the world to hurt!"

No comments: