Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yoga pose VIII - close to final... distancing myself from what I've done before... with hesitancy!

Although I remain true to my original painting principles with my last 2 paintings, they part enough from the first lot (there is more transparency throughout) that they raise the following question: "should I pursue in that vein?".

It's always a dilemma for me to chose between the security of what I know and the insecurity of what I don't know, the unknown. I always end up choosing the latter though... may be because I'm a glutton for punishment!

The painting on the right (Yoga pose VIII) requires a few minor adjustments here and there...

Note to self: "I wanted to express unequivocal beauty with the last 2 paintings using more or less the same techniques that I used to create the ones before. It seems possible. Deep down though, I really like high impact paintings that put people off balance a little... even if this means selling less, or not selling at all!"

Sub-note to self: "I'm starting to believe that developing a unique point of view is as important as developing a unique technique..."

No comments: