Monday, January 18, 2010

Yoga pose IX ... the next one on the block....

This next one is perhaps an opportunity to loosen up in the rendering of the body since there's no facial features prompting me to execute a near portrait...

A tighter rendition of figures in my previous paintings may have contributed to a better contrast against my somewhat abstracted backgrounds. On the other hand, it would be nice to have more blatant color variations in the figures themselves for more of a painterly approach throughout. For some reason, I have a blockage in that area...

There is no sun these days and this affects my motivation to paint. The next painting does not stem from my wanting to paint... but rather from my wanting to do better than the previous one. For now "better" means "painting with more freedom"... in other words, I want to focus on the journey rather than the destination since the journey is the destination (Dan Eldon, see my favourite links)!

No comments: