Friday, January 8, 2010

Yoga pose VII - step IV... trying to find my feminine side... if any!

For this one, I decided, on the spur of the moment, to bring back a lime background that I had discarded in a previous painting thinking it would not be impactful enough ...

At some point in time, I started using both the palette knife and the brush simultaneously... with interesting results that beg for further exploration on my part (my tendency was to use them separately before).

I'll let this one simmer in my mind for the rest of the day before making the odd corrections and adjustments here and there...

Note to self: "I was afraid that this one would be engulfed by the other ones due to the weaker color scheme... I think high contrasts compensated somehow. I started this series like a lion... and although I don't want to finish it like a mouse... I need to leave myself some space for experimentation and growth!"

Sub-note to self: "I'm starting to believe that simple shapes combined with large color masses and less details translate into more visual impact... although I don't find the painting above to be a total write off. As a matter of fact, it introduces for me the notion of imprecision, the power of movement as opposed to the power of what is static. I want both!"

No comments: