Saturday, January 16, 2010

Yoga pose VIII - final step... I'm left craving for more!

This one represents my first real attempt at integrating transparency and opacity throughout while building textures that remain an integral part of the painting process...

My last two and a half years using acrylics have been a fairly slow progression towards developing a more expressive style of painting and achieving more artistic freedom. I still have some ways to go... but there may be some light at the end of the tunnel!

Since I left my marketing career to concentrate on art, I'm no longer in a bubble... and have become much more sensitive to what's going on in the world. It has become hard at times to stare at the face of the world, and the recent cataclysm in Haiti is particularly difficult to absorb let alone comprehend. The act of painting appears futile all of a sudden...

No comments: