Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Yoga series... taking a breather before the next 5!

After 5 weeks of work, I've got 5 paintings under my belt with this series...

... and will be gearing up for the next 5 starting next week. The next time around, I'd like to address compositions that don't fit the square format such as this one:

If I take stock, I've learned a fair amount in the area of textures and how to build them up fairly rapidly while integrating them in the painting process (textures not separate from color application). I've also become a little less gun shy when it comes to abstracted backgrounds although 3 backgrounds from this series were the result of last resort desperate moves on my part to make things happen (I had to get angry)! The first 5 of this series were also an attempt to integrate the "half finished" with the "finished", and I've partially succeeded with 3 paintings. In the next 5, I'd like "half finished" portions of each painting to prevail... as if I'm not already challenged enough as is!

Note to self: "Imposing my own vision on reality is more and more becoming a dire need that I want to fulfill as an artist in the making... but images in my head are far from being clear!"

No comments: