Thursday, December 31, 2009

Yoga pose VII on the block... Happy New Year everybody!

This will be my next one after the New Year...

It would be nice to have a mixed bag of free flowing paint and conventional color applications as I attempted to do with previous paintings. Colors should be separated (not mixed to death) and highly saturated... some areas precisely rendered, others rendered in "loose style"... in a other words, I want a contemporary look!

Note to self: "In a way, over the last year or so, I have attempted to emulate "painting in oil" using acrylics. After having explored to a certain extent possibilities in that area, I now feel compelled to go the route of mixed techniques exploiting fully the properties of acrylics at all levels. Although I don't see myself as being art gallery material for now... for the first time in 2 years with acrylics, I'm starting to see this as a remote possibility... but a possibility nonetheless."

No comments: