Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Yoga pose V revisited... going for a typical complementary starting posture!

I've relook at the 4 paintings completed so far...

... and decided to go with a typical Yoga starting posture which would allow me to incorporate the "OM" sign.

In this way, this large canvas series becomes almost self sufficient as it includes a variety of positions including a starting one. In a way, the composition above may be even more engaging since the Yoga instructor is looking straight in the observer's eyes!

Note: I will try to interlock the sign with the body to make it more interesting...

3 comments:

amber said...

This series is fantastic. I'm sure the theme/color choice/cropping and style (of course)
will gain you recognition
Felicitations!! mon ami!

DJ said...

Just found your blog and enjoyed looking at your process.
I'll be back.

Ron Gravel said...

Very good DJ, always interesting to see what other artist do (went to your blog)... have a nice Holiday Season.