Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ultimate fighter XII final... An attempt at the "twirl" with the palette knife!

For this final pass, I kept applying paint in circular sweeping motions...


The end result in a close-up view is pretty raw, yet colorful...


I've got some work to do with this new way of applying paint... as I'm not there yet!

Note: A certain deformation of shapes beyond paint application was necessary, in order to achieve a certain spin. This was done on a 26 X26 piece of raw canvas...

Note to self: "I've got some new tools that could help me pave the way to more artistic freedom... I think it's time to let go!"

Subnote to self: "I need to keep reminding myself that less is more with this technique... just one iota beyond the second pass would have been perfect..."

No comments: