Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Flamenco dancer II - step I... Back to raw canvas!

I had a second flamenco pose in the back burner, and this was an opportunity to try the figure on raw canvas for the first time...

For some darn reason, working on raw canvas feels very natural for me! There is potential for a new and innovative look in my works while remaining true to my painting principles. This new look could be a composite of everything that appeals to me: the Chinese black ink look, the watercolor look, the drawing/pastel look, the oil impasto look. I'll push this painting to its limits for the sake of artistic curiosity...

Note: I'm roughing this one out with no concern about style or a specific look... I paint my usual way letting the support dictate the effect... I'm still in the experimental mode before my next series!

No comments: