Thursday, November 25, 2010

Flamenco dancer II final... Trying to hit the constructive "deconstruction" mark!

Funnily enough with this 3rd pass, I basically follow through with what I did in the previous flamenco dancer painting...

In the second version, I've added highlights to test the impact of greater contrasts. My intention is to get at ease clashing abstraction and figuration. Achieving a proper balance remains a challenge.

Note to self: "Gee, I've already got used to the clashing color scheme of the previous painting... and couldn't go back to my more conservative colors with this one! Do I need to ?"

2 comments:

Kathy Ostman-Magnusen said...

Glorious use of color Ron. I love the interaction of passion in your strokes. Happy day, Kathy

Ron Gravel said...

Kathy, thanks for stopping by. A pat on the shoulder is always nice to have :))