Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Behind women's eyes III - step II... Letting the painting in progress speak to me!

I had a different color scheme in mind...

... but I decided to follow color patterns dictated by a different paint behaviour (it's over 30 degrees outside with very high humidity). I intend to do some limited modeling with the next color pass in an attempt to keep intact the rough look of this first pass...

These days, I seem to want to take on one of my demons... the one that wants me to work my paintings to death until there is no life in them!

This is another 36 X 36 canvas...

Note to self: "Over the last 3 years, I've developed a number of useful techniques with acrylics that fit my personality (impatient, restless). I think the time has come to forget about them... and let intuition take over! At this stage, at least for a while, there's no need to go from one technique to the other... in search of the holy grail!"

No comments: