Thursday, August 19, 2010

Behind women's eyes I step I... I've got the soul... now can I get the face!

I'm leaving the concept of the "macha" series... at least for a while. For now, I'd like to do a series of visceral portraits to accompany my Yoga series...

... I'd like to go beyond the skin surface... so I'm starting just there!

From a technical standpoint, I want the visage to emerge from the dark... as opposed to the light. I want to work with a multilayered approach with a fair amount of refraction... and lay each layer "out of phase" with the preceding one. Gee, I seem to want a lot of things these days!

Note to self: "My aim is to produce intimate portraits that won't end up in a portrait gallery. If this is my new mantra, then, this is a good start"!

2 comments:

amber said...

Hi Ron,,It seems you really know what you want-That is a very aware and good way to approach a painting.
I can't wait to see it:)

Ron Gravel said...

Amber, the pressure is on!! Although I try not to take myself too seriously:) Glad your overnight stay in the woods was a memorable adventure...