Sunday, May 3, 2009

Samana beach two - step V... not coming out as easy as I thought!

A busy weekend socializing with friends and family. I squeezed in a hour or so in an attempt to finish this painting once and for all... and met my match. I worked on the ocean exclusively (no time to address the girl's emaciated limbs and further highlights!) ... and had to let go of the impasto gel to get the effects I was after. With regard to the impasto gel: "ce n'est que partie remise"...

Looks like I will need a few more sessions before I can reach a certain level of satisfaction... if any (can't sell the skin of the bear before killing it)!

It suddenly dawned on me: the exaggerated light in the bottom half is begging to be replicated in the upper half as well. This could be my escape to a half decent picture beyond getting the girl up to speed with the rest. The horizon line is warped by the camera lens...

No comments: