Sunday, May 31, 2009

Racing start IV - close to final step... I've met my match with this one!

Alla prima painting with thick paint and a palette knife is difficult for me... but it's something that I need to explore for my personal growth... although I feel it's not gonna be my ultimate style... I like the tactile aspect of the brush!

I will give it another pass before calling it quit! My challenge is to make large uninteresting surfaces... interesting! The guy in the back became a goner in a split second just before taking the picture! Some more adjustments in the color scheme are called for... got to get rid of that "outlined figure" look and warm up the whole color scheme, especially the glacial background!

In the end, the struggle may give this painting an unanticipated character (I'm an optimist)!

No comments: