Sunday, May 24, 2009

Honorable mention at a 2009 Montreal art contest... I got lucky!

In mid May, I participated at the yearly Pierrefonds -Roxboro art contest for the second time... and was lucky enough to make the top three in the amateur category... winning an "honorable mention" in the process. This contest is opened to all artists from the Montreal area including adjacent municipalities.



The painting I submitted was "totally me" but it broke many academic rules... so I was not counting on showing up on the podium so to speak! Credentials from jury members included Master Degrees in art history and fine arts, and past or present association with contemporary art galleries or the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts...

A special thanks to the cultural center in Pierrefonds and all the artists and non artists who support me (not withstanding my artistic muse!) in my efforts to become an artist one day. Its much appreciated... I'm forever indebted!

2 comments:

amber said...

Oh mu gosh ,that is fantastic!! Very well deserved you have been working hard and I wouldn't say that you are an amateur This particular painting (be it a rule breaker or not)is nothing short of a masterpiece
Go my friend and break more rules")

Ron Gravel said...

I appreciate the encouragement Amber... especially coming from a pro like you!!!!