Thursday, March 5, 2009

Racing start Two - step IV... stuck in the mud for a while at the start!

The transparent background approach had to be discarded... from lack of technique (should have aimed for this approach right from the beginning).

Based on the above step this morning, I saw an opportunity perhaps to match the purple blues and purple reds from the background with the oranges and yellows from the figure (roughly complementary colors in the Munsell color system):

I used more black than usual at the early stage with this color scheme and it seems that I spent the greater part of my creative process trying to get out of the mud. More refinements of the figure, especially in the dark areas will be necessary. The background was done with "no method in the madness"... and the color scheme doesn't seem to work from lack of warm colors in the highlights... I think!

No comments: