Sunday, March 29, 2009

End of race one - final step... a tough race: I lost a runner!

In the end, after the modifications, I decided to draw a finish line instead of cropping the picture. I find interesting that by looking at that line, another focal point, there is a feeling of losing the runner out of the picture...

In the previous version, stamping out the second runner became a matter of emotional rescue for me! After 10 "so so" iterations (I'm a glutton for punishment), I finally gave up... and will sleep much better at night, as a result!

Looking at my current painting process, best results are usually achieved in 3-4 steps. After that, freshness is definitely lost (I'm still a watercolorist in heart). Speed of execution remains pivotal... and this is my take home message here.

Note to self: "As an overachiever, my "I want it bad" attitude seems to have yielded the anticipated results for the most part throughout my life. Ironically, with art, its seems to me that the solution will be to let go instead of wanting or trying harder. It's hitting me big time: I need to bring my Tai Chi principles into my art and dance with the brush... and while I'm at it, I should do that with the art of life as well!"

No comments: