Wednesday, March 25, 2009

End of race one - close to final step... outside my comfort zone but still in the race for good or for bad!

With this painting, I easily worked the background area by applying thicker paint with brushes and a painting knife. On the other hand, obtaining what I wanted for the still relatively thin figures led to a rather unspontaneous application of paint especially where there was a need for anatomical corrections. Spontaneity is not a problem with large figures, so it will require some "getting used to" on my part if I want to do more complex scenes in the future.

Tomorrow, in broad daylight, I will recheck the whole surface and implement surgical corrections wherever needed...

Note: If I were to give a real name to that painting it would be: "Outclassed"... for evident reasons!

No comments: