Monday, March 23, 2009

End of race one... can I make this work?

Looking at my previous works, I seem to have a need to explore my limited capabilities for illustration but at the same time, I want to cultivate more abstraction in my work... sort of a contradiction in terms. I will keep pushing in the latter direction because I feel that a blend of figuration and abstraction may be a path to freedom of expression for me.

Here is another one of those abbreviated scene lifted from a video screen shot and reworked in black and white...

... but this time around, I would like to go with a 30 X 30 canvas... and see once and for all if I can get away with so little information (no other reference materials) and still make it look real.

Being on shaky grounds (as usual!), I used a loose piece of canvas once again to establish the foundation for this new piece...

I would like more freedom in my brush strokes with this one...

No comments: