Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mid race one - step III... need some more legwork to get there!

After this third wave of changes, I think I can bring this painting to an acceptable level of completion (for me!) by enhancing contrasts on the figure to bring it forward... and by messing up the background further!

I skipped painting yesterday to attend a vernissage in Montreal. It was the work from an abstract painter who uses dry paint and calligraphic marks on canvas to express herself. I piggybacked a little on that process for the background... only difference: I used an underpainting to come up with some abstract patterns... perhaps, if I splatter more paint on it, it will look more controlled!

3 comments:

amber said...

Hmm this one looks done to me I think the colors are in great constrast here and the backround is certainly working. I also like the subject in your recent work

Ron Gravel said...

Thanks for the comment. Just a few calculated brush strokes should finish it indeed! I looked at your last post. Your technical capabilities are such that you pretty much excel in any process that catches your fancy. It is your dilemma... a nice one to have! Perhaps you should be like Picasso, i.e., exploit all the styles you like in parallel... with no concession!

amber said...

Thanks Ron! Thats a very generous thing to say :))