Saturday, March 21, 2009

Escape one - final step...first self-portrait: one chin short of "losing face"!

On a more serious note, as I found no opportunity to do white males in the 100 m series (I feel African American and Caribbean physiques are the best ones to communicate power and speed), I decided to do this "escape" series to recuperate some of my own pictures with graphic potential...

I have a few more in mind... but that will be the extent of this series... of a dubious nature!

In terms of style, I seem to be gravitating towards semi abstract or abstract brush marks within the confines of the body - my subject matter for now - working in fairly large formats. Following this logic, smaller figures (e.g., in the portrayal of many runners) should be at least semi abstract... and that's my challenge in the next five paintings on the 100 meter dash.

No comments: