Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mid race one - step II... a different perspective, from the waist down, but still in the race!

I tried to nail the general color scheme in this quick second pass avoiding, at the early stage, the counterproductive messy approach of my previous paintings from this series... so far so good.

An extra hour allowed me to refine the color scheme and build the platform for the final sprint to the finish line...

After a series of awkward "construction/deconstruction" exercises with my recent paintings, I seem to be back to my usual cruising speed slapping paint, gel, gel & paint in whatever order they come out... focusing on the "what" rather than the "how"... reacting to "what is" in front of me, moment by moment with no preconceived ideas about outcome (except perhaps that I need to clip at least one of those fingers!). At this accelerated evolutionary rate, I think I can now become an artist within 10 years! Need to revise my profile!

No comments: