Sunday, September 4, 2011

Close encounter with a flying object - step II... Not exactly knowing where I'm going!

I applied a first color layer on this one this morning...


... to test the grounds for a potential color scheme. At this stage, I already knew that I wanted more colors while keeping the "blurry" style of the previous two paintings...

 Note: I decided to apply a silly title to this one...one that relates to the observer rather than the painting!

Note to self: "I've opened up the path of the less defined, of free-flowing colors... the attraction is irresistible!"

Sub-note to self: "I think that from there, I want to slowly build back the highly textural environment I came from (Yoga series last year)... without losing the new look. This is likely to take a few paintings!"

No comments: