Friday, September 23, 2011

Still trying to digest "ultimate fighter VI"!

This week was a busy week responding to a health emergency involving my mother (thank God everything is OK with her) and helping the Muse with the grand kids. During the little free time I had, I took the opportunity to do some more research in the area of transparency and refraction. Funnily enough, I found my answers in a magazine dedicated to pastel painting. My main objective was to better understand what made the "ultimate fighter VI" painting different from anything that I had done before. Intuitively, I had already figured out some of the answers... but learning how an artist could make pastel layers look transparent was a definite eye opener for me!

More than ever, I want to forge ahead in this new direction for me... cultivating the elusive and blurry!

No comments: