Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Macha series - experiment 3... saving energy for my main model, meanwhile: Claudel on copper!

The only experiment left was the full use of iridescent paint as underpainting. Afraid of experimenting my way to oblivion for the "macha" series (I need some creative energy left in me when I get started for real!), I decided to create a diversion for myself and address some unfinished business, i.e., women from the past who have been haunting me ever since I laid my eyes on their iconic black and white photos...

... Camille Claudel (Rodin's muse for a number of years) seemed to be top of mind! I'm not sure how I will handle this though... I'd like to maximize the copper...

This is a version with red copper added to the light copper underpainting before proceeding with transparent and semi-transparent color layers (the photo was taken early evening)...

... the red copper, although only applied in specific areas tints everything in this camera shot...

With this one, I want to experiment with the impact of iridescence throughout...

No comments: